Here are some alternative ways to make money on the internet. All of them are honest ways to make money. Some of them are more difficult than others and some of them you would actually need some skills or experience to pull off. Tell me what you think about it.
1. Online life coaching. Who has time to go meet a personal coach at an office? And don’t the new generation of web workers need to be met by their coaches in the same way that they work: via email, IM, and VoIP? You could, of course, go through some life coaching certification program, but on the web, reputation is more important than credentials. I bet Tony Robbins isn’t certified as a life coach–and no one can argue with his success. For an example of someone building up their profile and business online as a coach, check out Pamela Slim of Ganas Consulting and the Escape from Cubicle Nation blog.
Well, it looks like valid ways to make money. Building up a client base would also take long and be difficult. But, what do you have to loose. Do the certification program and start building your reputation.
2. Virtually assist other web workers. Freelancers and small businesses desperately need help running their businesses, but they’re not about to hire a secretary to come sit in the family room and answer phone calls. As a virtual assistant, you might do anything from making travel reservations to handling expense reimbursements to paying bills to arranging for a dog sitter. And you do it all from your own home office, interacting with your clients online and by phone. You can make $20 and up an hour doing this sort of work, depending on your expertise.
Defintately an honest way to make money. Could be hard work and would take a lot of time per day doing this. Definately not a passive source of income.
3. Build services atop Amazon Web Services. Elastic computing on AWS is so cool… and so incredibly primitive right now. Did you know that you can’t even count on your virtual hard drive on EC2 to store your data permanently? That’s why people are making money right now by offering services on top of AWS. Make it easier for people to use Amazon’s scalability web infrastructure like Enomaly has with elasticlive, a scalable web hosting platform built on AWS.
You have to be skilled to do this. Only professional people would profit from this.
4. Write reviews for pay or perks. If you blog for any length of time on a particular topic–parenting, mobile phones, or PCs, for example–you will likely be approached to do book or product reviews. You can get free stuff this way, but are you selling your soul? Is there any such thing as a free laptop? These are decisions you’ll have to make for yourself, because no one agrees upon what ethical rules apply to bloggers. Even less do people agree on services like PayPerPost that pay you to write reviews on your blog. Check out disclosure rules closely and see whether such a gig would meet your own personal standards or not.
I have read about a lot of people making big bucks with this. There are some sites that you can use to write reviews for and they pay you or you get extra advertising for your own blog or website. To be approached by people wanting you to do reviews you would have to popular already and to get here it should take some time, but like most things, if you keep on keeping on you can make it.
5. Become a virtual gold farmer. A half million Chinese now earn income by acquiring and selling World of Warcraft gold to gamers in other countries. If you’re not a young person living in China, this probably isn’t a viable option for you. But what’s intriguing about it is the opportunity to make real money working in a virtual economy. People are making real-world money in Second Life
This is definately a fun way for gamers to make money. You already decided you want to quit your office job. Now you have enough time to get into the world of online gaming. Why not profit of it? Like they said, a half million Chinese could do it, why not you?
Tuesday, 18 November 2008
Previous articles: ----- - 44 Different ways to make money on the internet - 5 New ways to make money online - 5 Alternative ways to make money online
Posted by Bertus Engelbrecht at 21:28